Re: Semi-structured data

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:09:41 GMT

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 04:55:03 GMT, "Marshall Spight" <mspight_at_dnai.com> wrote:

>For some months now, every time someone uses that term, I ask
>them what they mean by "semistructured." Generally the get
>very vague at that point.

The consequence of "semistructured" thinking :-)

> As near as I can tell, most people use
>the term "semistructured" to mean data in a tree format; aka
>XML.
Indeed, it is an ill defined term often used to build fallacies and to promote the regression to the hierarchical approach.

Charlatans love vague terms because they can play a lot with them.

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Mon Jun 28 2004 - 12:09:41 CEST

Original text of this message