Re: b432b

From: Denis Mashkevich <dmas_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2004 02:05:00 -0700

> spoofed. Each of these posted lists looks to be a little different, and they look to
> be the type of list you'd get out of a word count or text mining application.

Strangely, some of the words are Russian, written in transliteration; e.g. "isparitjsya", "to evaporate". I am aware of only one medium where Russian is routinely written in transliteration, and this is email (the reason is twofold: many terminals Russians use, especially abroad, are not configured for cyrillic, and, no matter how strange this may sound to you, many Russians can't type fast on cyrillic keyboard (the majority of the typing practice is coming from all those defuns and lets and mapcars :))). It is not normally used for other types of text.
Incidentally, if you want to easily find other samples of these strange messages, google for the word I mentioned above. If you wish to transliterate 'translit' Russian back to a cyrillic encoding, use translit.ru. Received on Wed Jun 23 2004 - 11:05:00 CEST

Original text of this message