Re: c.d.theory glossary -- definition of "class"

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:06:44 -0500

"mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote in message news:40d8c389$0$563$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl...
> Alan wrote:
>
> > Dawn M. Wolthuis wrote:
<snip>
>>>[Class]
>>>A class is what provides a name and a place for
>>>the abstract behavior of a set of objects
>>>said to belong to the class. (Larry Wall, Apocalypse 12)
> <snip>

> These are statements about structural relations,
> not definitions.

OK, so if we don't define "class" as it relates to anything else, then let's at least narrow down what a class is. How about at least indicating that it is software, or a "computer program" (even if old terminology) or something that makes it clear that it is not something you give someone at a bridal shower. The current def just doesn't zero in on what Type of a thing it s. --dawn Received on Wed Jun 23 2004 - 02:06:44 CEST

Original text of this message