Re: b432b

From: Len Olszewski <saslpo_at_SPAM-THIS.unx.sas.com>
Date: 22 Jun 2004 18:11:19 GMT

In article <uIWBc.19056$NK4.3265319_at_stones.force9.net>, Paul <paul_at_test.com> writes:
|> Dave Ebert wrote:
|> > As I read over the posting I see a number of email addresses at somewhat
|> > irregular intervals in the list. Perhaps the b432b number is a tag to some
|> > cipher, and the message is of different content to each receiver. For
|> > example, each email address tags a subset of code words either preceding or
|> > following that address. Not much information to go on.
|>
|> I suspect it's something to do with spammers.
|>
|> Paul.

Similar messages, each crossposted to several groups but with different (seemingly) random identifier strings are showing up in other newsgroups. Some of the addresses in the from lines look like political organizations, but who knows if those are being spoofed. Each of these posted lists looks to be a little different, and they look to be the type of list you'd get out of a word count or text mining application.

Len Received on Tue Jun 22 2004 - 20:11:19 CEST

Original text of this message