Re: Stupid Database Tricks

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 05:09:44 -0400

"robert" <gnuoytr_at_rcn.com> wrote in message news:da3c2186.0406181807.3d511df_at_posting.google.com...

> 0. we like to keep things familiar for the 60 year old COBOL programmers
> who wrote version 1. we keep each table in its own file. we prefer
> to manage integrity in the application.
>
> -- that's a quote. i'm really not kidding

Hey, watch that stuff!
I am not now, and never have been, a COBOL programmer (card carrying or otherwise).
But I am 60 years old. My brain works almost as well as it did when I was 20. And my knowledge base is better.

Aside from that, "we prefer to manage integrity in the application" is probably the ultimate stupid database trick. Received on Sat Jun 19 2004 - 11:09:44 CEST

Original text of this message