Re: In an RDBMS, what does "Data" mean?

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 15:37:04 GMT

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 00:17:51 +0100, Paul <paul_at_test.com> wrote:

>>>Such as...?
>>
>> It simply shows that we can prove if a relational formula is valid or not.
>
>Are you sure? I thought that Godel's completeness theorem is basically
>linking syntax with semantics; showing that the two different approaches
>to logic will give the same result?

See this:

If T is a set of axioms in a first-order language, and a statement p holds for any structure M satisfying T, then p can be formally deduced from T in some appropriately defined fashion.

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/GoedelsCompletenessTheorem.html

Regards Received on Thu Jun 17 2004 - 17:37:04 CEST

Original text of this message