This Sentence No Verb

From: Laconic2 <>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:10:25 -0400

was: One Ring to Bind them

"Tony" <> wrote in message
> "Dawn M. Wolthuis" <> wrote in message
> > 2) It [declarative code] doesn't read like English -- the verbs are
missing, for example. I'd
> > like to keep some of Grace Hopper's goal alive of writing code that
> > beings can read
> So why not add "Ensure that " or similar in front of the rule?

You are right, Tony. At first I agreed with Dawn's statement, because I want to keep that goal alive, as well.

But the verbs aren't missing from "declarative" sentences. The declarative mood is a feature of a verb.
A declarative sentence has averb. It's not an imperative verb, but it's a verb Received on Wed Jun 16 2004 - 15:10:25 CEST

Original text of this message