Re: Interesting papers

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: 13 Jun 2004 04:31:36 -0700

> Let me guess you mean the one at the bottom entitled "What not how"?

One of the main objectives of Computing Science.

> That slogan is a bit worn out don't you think?

No, it is a good slogan than everybody can understand.

> Even the OO fanatics
> were using it decades ago (eg. "Principles of Object-Oriented Analysis
> and Design" by James Martin 1993).

But in an extremely limited way.

Everybody wants this, but OO is a very limited path.

> Ironically, Date should flip it
> around. "How not what" would certainly explain his success as a
> commentator in the field.

It is not ironical. It is not the same to teach than to create, and Date books are excellent in the How and in the What.

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Sun Jun 13 2004 - 13:31:36 CEST

Original text of this message