Re: In an RDBMS, what does "Data" mean?

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:30:45 +0200

Anthony W. Youngman wrote:

> So if I put my data into an MV database I can access it as if it were in
> an RDBMS. However, the converse is not true.

It would be very interesting to know - in some detail - what kind of data gives difficulties in putting stuff from a RDBMS into a MV database.
This maybe somewhat awkward in this newsgroup, because some will be just waiting to say: See? You *can* express proposition_set(x) in a RDBMS, and you *can't* in MV, therefore MV is better. More is not a priori better.

But I trust you can stand that reaction. Could you give some examples? Received on Thu Jun 10 2004 - 20:30:45 CEST

Original text of this message