Re: cdt - change management

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 00:34:35 +0200

Alan wrote:

> I see what you mean. It is really because the title of the definition is
> "change management". It should be something like, "change management needs
> in an RDBMS" or such.

[Change management]

Many organizations have a CM process in place in order to make their evolution more manageable. The organization of data within a database can and will change with these changing circumstances. A DBMS should provide facilities to support this. Changing the underlying structure should be possible without affecting what is already stored. For example, you can add a column to a table without losing what is already there.

Related adjectives: maintainable, agile, flexible, adaptive. Received on Mon Jun 07 2004 - 00:34:35 CEST

Original text of this message