Re: Nearest Common Ancestor Report (XDb1's $1000 Challenge)

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2004 13:58:10 -0700

> XDb1 beta v4.4.7 (the version that was on the web page when you started
> the challenge) can't produce a report on the class hierarchy.

As I indicated in prior posts, "XDb1 beta v4.4.7" did have an error passing the parameters correctly to the report generator (because the root doesn't have any thing higher than it). But "XDb1 beta v4.4.7" did have the ability to generate a report for the class hierarchy and was not added at a later time. To verify this, open Ex076.xdb and type the following statement into the NLI:

query is thing.

This (luckily) satisfies the report generator to which query looks "higher" than thing. Right-clicking the root node labeled 'thing', and selecting 'Generate Anc Report" produces a 317 KB Report, a portion shown below:

Common Ancestor Report for 'thing'

ThingX	ThingY	CmnAnc	Dist
god	force	thing	2
god	army	thing	3
god	church	thing	2
god	trinity	thing	3
god	person	thing	2
god	john	thing	3
god	mary	thing	3
god	luke	thing	3
god	age	thing	2
god	35	thing	3
god	weight	thing	2
god	130	thing	3
god	color	thing	2
god	red	thing	3
god	dog	thing	2
god	fido	thing	3
god	computer	thing	2
god	laptop1	thing	3
god	symbol	thing	2
god	 	thing	3
god	!	thing	3
god	"	thing	3
god	#	thing	3
god	$	thing	3
god	%	thing	3
god	&	thing	3
god	'	thing	3
god	(	thing	3
god	)	thing	3
god	*	thing	3
god	+	thing	3
god	,	thing	3
god	-	thing	3
god	.	thing	3
god	/	thing	3
god	0	thing	3
god	1	thing	3
god	2	thing	3

Time elapsed: 1750 msec

As one can see, not only is "XDb1 beta v4.4.7" capable of generating the class hierarchy report, the db has an entry for each symbol. Each symbol was entered into the db when it was first created by XDb1. All subsequently data (ie 'john' or 'god') enter by the user are normalized to the one and only symbols in the db.

Also note that "XDb1 beta v4.4.7" was compiled in debug mode. Received on Sun Jun 06 2004 - 22:58:10 CEST

Original text of this message