Re: cdt

From: Alan <not.me_at_uhuh.rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 16:57:17 GMT

"Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote in message news:c9vhg4$bsg$1_at_news.netins.net...
> "mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote in message
> > Here are some proposed changes to the glossary from recent
> > discussions.
> >
> > Please take only one or two items at a time for easy
> > harvesting :-)
> <snip>
> ADDITIONS (comments welcome)
>
> > [change management]
> > The organization of data within a database can and will
> > change with circumstances. A DBMS should provide
> > facilities for changing the underlying structure
> > without affecting what is already stored.
> > For example, you can add a column to a table without losing
> > what is already there.
>
> I'll start with this one. There are several similar terms:
maintainability,
> agility, flexibility, adaptive that are all more obvious choices for
talking
> about the data organization with repect to changes. I have always used
the
> term "Change Management" to be a process employed by people. Is this
really
> an industry-accepted use of the phrase? --dawn

I would say this it is an industry-accepted phrase. There are "change management" tools, for example. We have a "change management" process at work (not that anyone actually pays any attention to it, but I digress...) Received on Sun Jun 06 2004 - 18:57:17 CEST

Original text of this message