Re: cdt

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 11:41:31 -0500

"mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote in message news:40c32cad$0$33919$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl...
> Here are some proposed changes to the glossary from recent
> discussions.
>
> Please take only one or two items at a time for easy
> harvesting :-)
<snip>
ADDITIONS (comments welcome)

> [change management]
> The organization of data within a database can and will
> change with circumstances. A DBMS should provide
> facilities for changing the underlying structure
> without affecting what is already stored.
> For example, you can add a column to a table without losing
> what is already there.

I'll start with this one. There are several similar terms: maintainability, agility, flexibility, adaptive that are all more obvious choices for talking about the data organization with repect to changes. I have always used the term "Change Management" to be a process employed by people. Is this really an industry-accepted use of the phrase? --dawn Received on Sun Jun 06 2004 - 18:41:31 CEST

Original text of this message