Re: cdt

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 16:05:33 +0200

I apologize for the clumsy subject line. I'll think of something better when I repost the whole thing. I won't change it now for easy threading.

Alan wrote:

> Table: A collection of rows and columns.
> Row: A collection of attributes.
> Column: An attribute of an entity.
> Entity: The subject about which the table is concerned.
>
> I know this is slightly reflexive, but as you have already indirectly
> specified, these terms are best understood as they relate to each other. You
> could probably combine the two different takes on this.

I'll try. One problem:
The implication of the above definitions would be that all columns of a table would necessarily be attributes
of *one* entity. Received on Sun Jun 06 2004 - 16:05:33 CEST

Original text of this message