Re: Nearest Common Ancestor Report (XDb1's $1000 Challenge)

From: Hugo Kornelis <hugo_at_pe_NO_rFact.in_SPAM_fo>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 00:13:09 +0200

Hi Neo,

Oh dear - I just see that you repeated your three-thing hierarchy in yet another four messages. I just posted an answer to one of the seven similar messages you posted earlier.

On 5 Jun 2004 11:02:45 -0700, Neo wrote:

>> And where in your original challenge was this "broader scope of data"
>> requirement stated?
>
>The part that stated "allow the user to create any hierarchy". Please
>show how to create the report for the class hierarchy using the
>original data and the parent heirarchy using the following data, with
>either RM Sol#1 or #2 "from normalized and NULL-less data". Normalized
>meaning either eliminating or replacing redundant things (data/schema)
>within the db with an appropriate reference/link (IDs in RM) to the
>one and only original.

I'll address this point about the meaning of "normalized" shortly, in a reply to your only new message that actually addresses some points you did not address in the message you posted 7 times yesterday.

(snip repeat of three-thing hierarchy)

Please excuse me for just ignoring the three copies of this message that you posted within two hours of this one....

Best, Hugo

--

(Remove _NO_ and _SPAM_ to get my e-mail address)