Re: In an RDBMS, what does "Data" mean?

From: Paul <paul_at_test.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 20:54:30 +0100

Mikito Harakiri wrote:
> Logic perspective is not the only interpretation. Propositions like
>
> <name='Hrundi V. Bakshi', age = 35>
>
> are too miniscule to be elevated to the status of axioms.

Why? Who says how important axioms must be? I still maintain that you can regard a database as a collection of tuple-axioms, with the DBMS playing the part of logic. I'm not just saying this is an analogy, I'm claiming it's a proper isomorphism.

Of course you can also have a larger, more encompassing model of reality that has simpler axioms as well if you want but that doesn't invalidate my claim.

Paul. Received on Fri Jun 04 2004 - 21:54:30 CEST

Original text of this message