Re: Relations as Repeating Groups & Namespaces

From: Alan <not.me_at_uhuh.rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 03:48:54 GMT

"Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote in message news:c9oqql$hoc$1_at_news.netins.net...

> > More precisely, SQL is now ... as COBOL.

For sure...

> > Oh, well... Did you get 3rd or 4th Ed?
>
> I looked up the most recent edition and, rats, I picked the least
expensive
> used book and it is a 3rd edition, I think (not clear). Dang -- I wasn't
> careful enough on that one -- I REALLY need some caffeine! --dawn

Don't sweat it. No major changes, from what the publisher's university rep told me. (Translation: just different enough so you have to buy a new one for school, as the page numbers will now be different). I also have the 1st edition. Many changes somwewhere between 1st and 3rd. 3rd is a much easier read than 1st (you'll find that hard to believe when you get it.) I used 1st when doing my Masters. Received on Fri Jun 04 2004 - 05:48:54 CEST

Original text of this message