Re: Relations as Repeating Groups & Namespaces

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 21:27:01 -0500

"mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote in message news:40bfd623$0$568$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl...
> Hugo Kornelis wrote:
>
> > I don't think he does. He has spent the last several years in a more
> > commercial setting.
> >
> > If you're able to read Dutch, check out http://www.pna-group.nl to see
> > what ex-prof Nijssen is currently doing.
>
> Thank you for the link.
>
> Wat een klote-site - herkent Mozilla-plugins niet eens.
> Die obligate kennis bla-bla kan jou toch ook niet echt
> aanspreken? Vergeet die $1.000 nou en help me eens met
> het belang van betekenis tussen al die structuralisten.
>
> Sorry for the Dutch. This was necessary.

Please translate. "Klote" is not in the Dutch-English online ictionary. --dawn

.
.
.

.
P.S. Just kidding, I think I've got it. The words that pass down through the generations are often those not used in polite company, if my own translation was correct. I went to college with a bunch of kids like me whose grandparents stepped the boat off and much of the swearing on (this
Calvinist) campus was done in Dutch since parents wouldn't want to swear (in English) in front of the kids, so they would revert to the Dutch for the not-so-nice words. You only need one set of parents for each word and it spreads among the kids. So, if I ever visit the Netherlands, I can only say nasty things.. Received on Fri Jun 04 2004 - 04:27:01 CEST

Original text of this message