Re: In an RDBMS, what does "Data" mean?

From: Tony <>
Date: 2 Jun 2004 02:43:42 -0700

"Anthony W. Youngman" <> wrote in message news:<>...
> And no, Tony, Einstein did NOT "build a better model" using the same
> algebra. What he DID do was realise that Newton's fundamental axioms
> were wrong.

Amounts to the same thing: Einstein developed equations that took into account additional information not known to Newton. These equations gave correct results for more cases than Newton's. This is much like a database designer realising that an earlier designer's database had some rules missing, and adding them.

> He redefined the metaphysical interface between reality and the model.

Baloney. His model was different from Newton's. It wasn't the same model with a different "metaphysical interface". What the hell is one of those anyway?

> And the problem I have is that I cannot see any metaphysical interface
> between reality and relational theory. This is basically Dawn's point
> about "is relational theory even the right theory to use?".

You are looking for a nonsense. No wonder you can't find it. Received on Wed Jun 02 2004 - 11:43:42 CEST

Original text of this message