Re: Nearest Common Ancestor Report (XDb1's $1000 Challenge)

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_mail.ocis.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 16:53:12 -0700

"Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote:

>"Hugo Kornelis" <hugo_at_pe_NO_rFact.in_SPAM_fo> wrote in message
>
>> You still owe me $1000.
>
>Why does this remind me so much of the "Nigerian bank scam"?

     What I have been wondering for over a week is not if Neo will pay his debt, but whether anyone making such an offer has ever paid up.

     Neo, I could understand you not paying if you had made an error in your initial challenge, you corrected it shortly after, and Hugo was hounding you on the basis of the erroneous challenge. This is not so though. Hugo has been quite polite even while attempting to collect on the debt.

     Due to what I have seen in the past about such offers, I was skeptical that you would pay, and now, I am nearly certain you will not. If you will not keep your word, why should anyone do business with you?

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.