Re: database systems and organizational intelligence

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 19:01:21 +0200

x wrote:

> mAsterdam wrote:

>>x wrote:
>>
>>>In order to have a *sign* you have to know the meaning.
>>
>>No. I do not know korean. But I can remember the shape,
>>describe or reproduce korean signs, and ask somebody
>>who does know korean to interpret them. Now I have data.
>
> How do you *know* it is korean ?

Good question.

I don't know for sure. But I have several clues. The shapes resemble those I have seen in korean texts (which I know are korean because somebody who knows told me). I won't know for sure until somebody (I trust) interprets the signs for me.

But even if I see signs of a type I have had no former exposure to, there is a good chance that I will recognize them as signs, without knowing what they mean. Received on Mon May 31 2004 - 19:01:21 CEST

Original text of this message