Re: Is Ingres yet relational?

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 08:09:29 -0400

"Alfredo Novoa" <alfredo_at_ncs.es> wrote in message news:40b71c4c.2739068_at_news-read3.maxwell.syr.edu...
> I misunderstood you. But I don't know any SQL DBMSs that take
> advantage on the possible optimization when the attributes are not
> nullable.

The best optimizer in a product I've worked with is the one in DEC Rdb. Oracle bought the rights to DEC Rdb ten years ago, and has since called it Oracle Rdb. I no longer have access to DEC Rdb, but I'd be curious about what to look for in the optimization of non nullable fields.

What kinds of optimization are possible? Received on Fri May 28 2004 - 14:09:29 CEST

Original text of this message