Re: database systems and organizational intelligence

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 11:11:05 GMT

On Thu, 27 May 2004 18:02:29 GMT, "mountain man" <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op> wrote:

>> > Intelligence is more than the logic of the apps.
>>
>> Yes, it is the logic of the system.
>
>Thankyou.
>
>You see Date's definition of the Relational Model of the data?
>He too attempts to address the system.

The Database System, not the Information System. The presentation logic is out of his scope in "Intro".

>Relational database systems theory based on the RM cannot
>hope to approach this simple notion of intelligence, because it
>is not (yet) designed for that.

And it never should be. Data management theory is for data management and not for presentation management.

>Organizations and industry need to have a working model
>of organizational intelligence, not just the data.

And The Relational Model must be an integral part of it.

We have an excellent model for data management and we need a better approach for data presentation.

> Constructive
>here is my criticism of the Relational Model.

You are criticizing a data management approach because it is a data management approach and not an application development approach.

It does not seem very sensible.

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Fri May 28 2004 - 13:11:05 CEST

Original text of this message