Re: Nearest Common Ancestor Report (XDb1's $1000 Challenge)

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 May 2004 21:09:53 -0700

> When I created two things named john (one a person and one a dog) and
> entered 'john is 35.', I got no prompt at all. XDb1 just selected one of
> the johns to relate to 35.

Using XDb1 v4.5.3, I created a new db and entered the following sentences:

person isa thing.
john isa person.

dog isa thing.
* isa dog.
*'s name is john.

age isa thing.
35 isa age.

john is 35.

The last statement causes a dialog box to appear with the following message: 'john' is ambiguous, please select it. After selecting it in the tree, the statement "it is 35." can be used. Or the equivalent can be performed via the GUI using the steps described at www.xdb1.com/HowTo/RelAsVal.asp.

It is probable that an older version has a bug or your method of entering data exposes a current bug. Received on Fri May 28 2004 - 06:09:53 CEST

Original text of this message