Re: Nearest Common Ancestor Report (XDb1's $1000 Challenge)

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 May 2004 11:48:55 -0700

> > In XDb1's db, 'john isa thing' is not stored because it can be derived.
> > Since 'isa' is transitive 'john isa thing' is derived
> > form 'john isa person' and 'person isa thing'.
>
> In my database, 'john isa thing' is not stored either, because it can be
> derived. Everything is a thing.

Show me a method to determine person's class with the provided solution and I will show you how it will fail if the data is changed (ie the name of thing is changed from 'thing' to 'thingy' or 'object'). This failure will not occur with XDb1. Received on Wed May 26 2004 - 20:48:55 CEST

Original text of this message