Re: Ah, but who has better parties?

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_mail.ocis.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 09:28:50 -0700

Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corsetti Dutra <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm> wrote:

>Em Tue, 25 May 2004 19:01:46 -0700, Gene Wirchenko escreveu:
>
>> xBASE does have SQL. Talking of converting from xBASE to SQL is
>> less than totally accurate.
>
> You are totally offbase. xBase as a language is not SQL, and
>is even less relational than SQL. Not only that, xBase *products*'s

     Are you being deliberately obtuse? I have said that xBASE has SQL, not that it is SQL.

>SQL flavours and capabilities suffer from having to support
>navigational access too.

     I find that having the two approaches is a strength. xBASE record-oriented commands are very useful with a result set.

> Keep insisting this and I will be forced to ignore you, as I
>am doing already with the other non-relational ignarii.

     Something like throwing a hissy fit? Well, if you must.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.