Re: database systems and organizational intelligence

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 09:52:47 -0400

"mountain man" <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op> wrote in message news:Diwrc.1887$L.919_at_news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> We define the concept of organizational intelligence as the dynamic
> sum of all levels of code associated with an organization's database
> system, in addition to the data and the data structure.
>
> We then make the claim that in the final analysis it is in fact the
> management of organizational intelligence, rather than the data,
> that is the essence of the theory of database systems
> management.
>
> Is this claim reasonable?

No, it is not.

What you have done is take a term "database systems management" and appropriate it to what your real interest is. Your real interest appears to be "the management of everything". Now it's fine to be interested in that.

Just don't call it "database systems management".

Databases are about the storing and sharing of data. It goes without saying that the clients of a database are going to add value to the data, in their own way. Received on Mon May 24 2004 - 15:52:47 CEST

Original text of this message