distributed query time calculation

From: Nedrion <nedrion_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 May 2004 19:36:21 -0700

hello,

i was wondering if anyone could help me with some kind of formula for calculating a distributed query:

i have found something like this:

time = t0 + chars/cps

how do i get cps? is that just the connection speed from one location to another? (e.g. distr. db in london to distr. db in manchester) or do i need to multiply that by the number of characters? and is chars the number of characters multiplied by the number of rows?

i don't really seem to understand it yet, so any help would be highly appreciated! i have my exam is 2 days :( Received on Mon May 24 2004 - 04:36:21 CEST

Original text of this message