database structure second opinion

From: cruiserweight <bayon86_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 May 2004 00:41:58 -0700

I am relatively new to database design, and what I am working on is definitely pushing the envelope of my abilities. So I wanted, hopefully, to get a second opinion.

The databse is for accepting photograph submissions for an online gallery. I want to collect info about the photographer and their 1 or 2 photo submissions (no more than 2). Plus I have tables for viewer comments to the photos and a -- I don't know the correct jargon -- for photoSubmissions.

The submission need to be categorized by year, as each year will call for new submissions and thus a new gallery. Submissions must be approved before they will be displayed online. The tables are below.

What I would like to know is how off is it? How would someone that knew more than I approach and build this database? Am I overlooking something obvious or not so obvious?

Your input is supremely appreciated.

create table photographers (

photographerID	int(7)	unsigned	NOT NULL	auto_increment	primary key,
photoID	int(7)	NOT NULL,
referID	int(7)	NOT NULL,
firstName	varchar(32)	NOT NULL,
lastName	varchar(32)	NOT NULL,
address1	varchar(32)	NOT NULL,
address2	varchar(32),
address3	varchar(32),
city	varchar(32)	NOT NULL,
state_province	varchar(2)	NOT NULL,
country	varchar(32)	NOT NULL,
postalCode	varchar(5)	NOT NULL,
daytimePhone	varchar(14)	NOT NULL,
eveningPhone	varchar(14),
emailAddress	varchar(50)	NOT NULL,
websiteAddress	varchar(50)

)

create table photos (

photoID		int(7)	unsigned	NOT NULL	auto_increment	primary key,
photo	mediumblob	NOT NULL,
photoTitle	tinytext ,
photoCaption	tinytext,
photographerID	int(7)	NOT NULL

)

create table photo_comments (

photoCommentID	int(7)	unsigned	NOT NULL	auto_increment	primary key,
photoID	int(7) NOT NULL,
comment	text	NOT NULL,
commentWriterEmail	varchar(50) NOT NULL

)

create table submissions (

submissionID	int(7)	unsigned	NOT NULL	auto_increment	primary key,
submissionYear	year(4)	NOT NULL,
photographerID	int(7)	NOT NULL,
photoID1	int(7)	NOT NULL,
photoID2	int(7),