Re: In an RDBMS, what does "Data" mean?

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:07:15 -0400

"Anthony W. Youngman" <wol_at_thewolery.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:nJvuJSCZOSrAFwHb_at_thewolery.demon.co.uk...

> I would very much agree ... indeed I would say it almost invariably is a
> great help, if used as your TOOL and not as your MASTER!

Agreed. The old saying is, "A fool with a tool is still a fool".

Or perhaps the pragma is better expressed as:

"If you can dream, and not make dreams your master, If you can think, and not make thoughts your aim, If you can meet with triumph and disaster, And treat those two impostors just the same,"

On this subthread, I think the difference between you and me is more how we choose to express things than on the substance of the matter. Received on Fri May 21 2004 - 15:07:15 CEST

Original text of this message