Re: Nearest Common Ancestor Report (XDb1's $1000 Challenge)

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 May 2004 15:07:05 -0700

> > Changing any one of them would corrupt the data.
>
> No. Changing any of them would result in a foreign key violation and the
> transaction would be rolled back by SQL Server. You didn't miss the
> "references" clauses in my DDL, did you?

You are correct. I could not change the name of any thing in the first two columns of table hierarchies so I could not corrupt the data this way; however, this design prevents two things from having the same name, thus it is a non-generic solution.

I did manage to corrupt the data by changing one of the duplicate 'leader' to 'leader2' in the third column. You missed it here. In XDb1, the relator 'leader' is normalized. Received on Fri May 21 2004 - 00:07:05 CEST

Original text of this message