Re: In an RDBMS, what does "Data" mean?

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 10:28:33 -0400

"Tony" <andrewst_at_onetel.net.uk> wrote in message news:c0e3f26e.0405180159.8df9d67_at_posting.google.com...
> But yes, I will do a little Googling to see if you are right. If I
> had a hat, I'd be prepared to eat it if it turned out you were
> correct.

You are right, Tony. Your hat, if you had a hat, would be safe. The divergence between Newtonian mechanics and Einsteinian mechanics for the entire Apollo mission is less than the margin of error in the instruments on board.

OTOH, the Apollo missions did carry a fair number of instruments to the moon whose purpose was to capture data that would confirm or contradict Einstein's predictions. AFAIK, Einstein is batting a thousand.

You actually don't have to go so far afield to find a connection between Einstein's theories and everyday life. Some percentage (I don't know how much) of Europe's electric energy is generated by nuclear plants. Inside those plants, nuclear fission is the source of energy. And that energy corresponds to the reduction of mass that results from the splitting of certain kinds of nuclei. Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 16:28:33 CEST

Original text of this message