Re: Nearest Common Ancestor Report (XDb1's $1000 Challenge)

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 12:15:53 GMT

On Tue, 18 May 2004 09:24:08 GMT, "mountain man" <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op> wrote:

>> > I meant a reasonably close implementation of the relational model.
>> > And yes, MS SQL Server (or MS Access) are reasonable (to me).
>>
>> So you never understood the RM.
>
>The RM is nothing more than limited common sense. Understanding
>it is not some mystical reunion with the cosmos.

But it seems too much for you.

>The RM is an incomplete 25 year old relic,

It is a just born (35 years) approach, but with millenary foundations.

35 years is nothing taking in account the human stupidity.

There are still plenty of creationists around there.

> promulgated by
>a bunch of short-sighted database-centric proselytes.

A single Oxford trained mathematician.

>RDBMS software does not assist "The Cause" to promulgate
>the notion that the holy relic has not yet been incarnated.

People is slow and lazy.

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 14:15:53 CEST

Original text of this message