Re: Nearest Common Ancestor Report (XDb1's $1000 Challenge)

From: mountain man <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 09:24:08 GMT

"Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corsetti Dutra" <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:pan.2004.05.17.23.41.04.828264_at_dutra.fastmail.fm...
> Em Mon, 17 May 2004 15:12:48 -0700, Neo escreveu:
>
> > I meant a reasonably close implementation of the relational model.
> > And yes, MS SQL Server (or MS Access) are reasonable (to me).
>
> So you never understood the RM.

The RM is nothing more than limited common sense. Understanding it is not some mystical reunion with the cosmos.

The RM is an incomplete 25 year old relic, promulgated by a bunch of short-sighted database-centric proselytes. Since 1979 it and they have been in denial of RDBMS software.

RDBMS software does not assist "The Cause" to promulgate the notion that the holy relic has not yet been incarnated.

> Case closed.

In this instance its a case of mind closed.

Pete Brown
Falls Creek
Oz
www.mountainman.com.au/software Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 11:24:08 CEST