Re: Date is Incomplete - database application software and database theory

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: 16 May 2004 06:16:01 -0700

"mountain man" <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op> wrote in message news:<2Nrpc.40240$TT.560_at_news-server.bigpond.net.au>...

> > You are losing yourself using words sloppily.
>
> On the contrary, we have the database software
> and the application software layers, protocol stacks,
> whatever you wish to call them.

So what?

You always lose the discussion's thread.

> You may call them whatever you wish, but your
> original claim above, that they are *independent*
> (ignoring the completely) is mis-informed, and in
> fact the converse is applicable: they are highly inter-
> related.

Applications depend on the data management approach but the contrary is not true.

The application's development world failed in its adaptation to the modern data management "paradigm. That's all.

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Sun May 16 2004 - 15:16:01 CEST

Original text of this message