Re: Date is Incomplete - database application software and database theory

From: mountain man <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 02:45:59 GMT

"John Jacob" <jingleheimerschmitt_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:72f08f6c.0405151706.7567bba5_at_posting.google.com...
> > Besides clearly understanding the impact and applicability
> > of a model, one must also clearly understand its limitations.
> >
> > Correct me if I am wrong, but you clearly do not understand
> > that the RM is limited and incomplete.
>
> In what way, precisely please, is the RM "limited and incomplete"?

Firstly, I think you should acknowledge the fact that any model of reality/data is always necessarily incomplete. Or do you subscribe to the philosophy that the RM is a holy relic?

If you at least acknowledge that, in theory, a theoretical model may be incomplete, then I will provide a precise example.

> So I'm sure we're on the same page, please define the terms
> "relational model" and "application".

So that we are clear on our respective prevailing philosophical grounds, or lack thereof, perhaps you'd consider first responding to the above.

Pete Brown
Falls Creek
Oz Received on Sun May 16 2004 - 04:45:59 CEST

Original text of this message