Re: Ah, but who has better parties?

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 17:52:28 -0500

"Alfredo Novoa" <alfredo_at_ncs.es> wrote in message news:40a4fe13.3384847_at_news.wanadoo.es...
> On Fri, 14 May 2004 12:08:19 -0300,
> =?iso-8859-1?q?Leandro_Guimar=E3es_Faria_Corsetti_Dutra?=
> <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> >Em Thu, 13 May 2004 22:01:30 -0500, Dawn M. Wolthuis escreveu:
> >
> >> But there are some aspects of relational theory that have been applied
and
> >> there is really no proof that they have helped the software profession
in
> >> any way.
> >
> > That is a lie.
> >
> > And by the way, these aspects have been usually very poorly applied.
>
> And even poorly applied they help a lot.

Can you pinpoint any evidence of a SQL-DBMS implementation saving a company dollars over a matter of years compared to any non-such that they previous used? I'm sure there are such anecdotes, even if solid evidence is missing,but I have been hard-pressed even to find one by googling. Thanks. --dawn Received on Sat May 15 2004 - 00:52:28 CEST

Original text of this message