Re: c.d.theory glossary (repost)

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 21:38:45 +0200

Yay! A lively day for this newsgroup.
I skimmed a little and even the insult/discussion ratio is near zero :-)

I'm affraid I can't keep up with you all at this rate.

Gene Wirchenko wrote:

> mAsterdam wrote:

>>This glossary seeks to limit lengthy misunderstandings in
>>comp.database.theory.

> It would help if it were more plainly written. I have been using
> databases for quite a while, but I would like to learn more theory.

Same here, but before we can query data someone has to gather some.

> Some of the definitions here are rather obtuse. Examples follow:

>>[Class]...

> I am glad that I already know what a class is.
>>[Domain]...
> Huh?
Adressed by Dawn. >>[NULL] >>The insanity bit. No! The humility marker. >>mu: The absence of an answer to a question which requires an answer.

> Cute, but not of much practical help.

The bit/marker was taken from discussions here, I contributed mu. I did not do that because I think it's cute (I *do* think it's cute), but because I think it somehow touches
the essence of these problems.

[snip]
> Sincerely,
>
> Gene Wirchenko
>
> Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
> I have preferences.
> You have biases.
> He/She has prejudices.

:-)

Gene, would you mind if I used this for cdt glossary 0.0.3 ?

Now I am going to read some of all those other posts. Received on Fri May 14 2004 - 21:38:45 CEST

Original text of this message