Re: Ah, but who has better parties?

From: mountain man <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 08:07:07 GMT

"Leandro Guimarăes Faria Corsetti Dutra" <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:pan.2004.05.13.15.24.04.975762_at_dutra.fastmail.fm...
> Em Thu, 13 May 2004 15:13:05 +0000, mountain man escreveu:
>
> > Modern database theory espoused by Date is a 1970's theory. It is
> > devoid of personality because it considers an inanimate system that
> > does not live and breathe, and ignores *the problem* of industry and
> > business.
>
> Obviously it is you who ignores Codd's and Date's work.

Incomplete means unfinished: not finished.

Codd and Date started it, but you blokes act as though its over and done with, as if it is beyond compare. One does not ignore the work of the pioneers, but then again neither does one still spit tobacco in the street.

> And
> your field, BTW.

Information technology management, database and workflow engineering, impossible tasks, and other assorted projects I delegate to myself in a number of inter-disciplinary fields.

> Please go back to your mountain and leave the group free to
> useful, theoretically sane discussions.

See above.

Pete Brown
Falls Creek
Oz Received on Fri May 14 2004 - 10:07:07 CEST

Original text of this message