Re: Date is Incomplete - database application software and database theory

From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:36:27 -0300

Em Thu, 13 May 2004 21:01:19 -0500, Dawn M. Wolthuis escreveu:

>> This remains for you to prove, and you seem incapable of doing.

> Are personal attacks necessary? Is your intent to bully/intimidate or
> what?

        I am fed up with false knowledge and unfounded pedantism.

>> Get real.  Applications as you are thinking of them are orthogonal to
>> databases;

> Great quotation -- "applications ... are orthogonal to databases". This
> gets at the heart of one of our communication gaps. It is like saying
> that input and output are "orthogonal" to databases -- oh, and processing
> too. I have no use for databases that are

        The operative words here are "as you are thinking".

        Databases should be useful for many different kinds of programming and usage. There is no pressing need for a single theory of computation -- or better yet, there is, but it is not quite marketable: it is called formal methods.

        You are welcome if you want to bring formal methods to databases. The RM is part of that.

>> Now please, give us something better than your usually ridiculous rants.
>>  Get educated.

> An educated mind is an open mind and mountain man fits the bill.

        Neither does you.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra           +55 (11) 5685 2219
Av Sgto Geraldo Santana, 1100 6/71               +55 (11) 5686 9607