Re: Wishing trolls away

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 17:05:37 -0500

"Leandro Guimarăes Faria Corsetti Dutra" <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:pan.2004.05.11.21.37.13.680915_at_dutra.fastmail.fm...
> I am sorely disappointed, the group has reverted to a trolling
> field by sellers of sad OO, MV, XML, whatever snake oil who have no
> interest in learning anything sane.
>
> I guess there comes a point where only *moderated* mailing
> lists can bear intelligent conversation.

Sorry to disappoint, if I am among your targets for this posting. I am truely, honestly, searching for why my book-knowledge and experience are so out of alignment in the area of databases, so I am guilty of bringing experience into the mix. I would like to be sure you are aware that I have nothing to sell and much to learn, so please count me out of those categories. This can come across as "selling" because I am comparing what I have read with what I have seen. I will (and do) try to leave any discussion of existing products out of the mix and will stick to nothing that exists, if that would be preferable. Should I also stick only to questions specifically about RDBMS's?

Cheers anyway. --dawn Received on Wed May 12 2004 - 00:05:37 CEST

Original text of this message