Re: Data Display & Modeling

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 00:27:06 GMT

On Fri, 7 May 2004 17:11:22 -0400, "Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote:

>I would strongly argue (and this is from the trenches) that problem of less
>than full adherence to the relational model is not the largest problem in
>the practical world of what you might call SQL databases.

The problem is that they are very very far from full adherence.

> (I'm still
>looking for another term. How about "tabular databases"?).

Bad. SQL databases are not tabular.

>Most of the
>trash databases I have seen resulted from the actions of database designers
>with almost no formal training in db design, and much of that training ill
>directed.

All formal training I know is ill training. Most of the trash databases I have seen resulted from the actions of database designers with universitary training in db design.

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Mon May 10 2004 - 02:27:06 CEST

Original text of this message