Re: VIEWS compared to Nodes as Windows into data

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne_at_acm.org>
Date: 3 May 2004 22:52:30 GMT

The world rejoiced as alfredo_at_ncs.es (Alfredo Novoa) wrote:
> On Mon, 03 May 2004 15:37:19 -0300,
> =?iso-8859-1?q?Leandro_Guimar=E3es_Faria_Corsetti_Dutra?=
> <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm> wrote:
>> Seriously, I suppose you must be working on a competitor to
>>Alphora Dataphor, but on POSIX?
>
> It is not a direct competitor because it is a complete DBMS that does
> not need an SQL DBMS behind the scenes. And the core is 'inspired' in
> the Transrelational Model.
>
> I am implementing it on the .Net framework.

Microsoft-only, therefore? Or should it be able to run on MONO and dotGnu?

Note that if it supports the latter, you could conceivably attract interest from those projects...

Competing with Microsoft, who is presumably interested in having SQL Server be dominant on their deployments, is likely to go badly; if, in contrast, you provide something that is "inspiring" to MONO/dotGnu folks, they might help publicize and debug thorny issues...

--
output = ("cbbrowne" "_at_" "ntlug.org")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/bytecode.html