Re: VIEWS compared to Nodes as Windows into data

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 14:33:38 -0500

"Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:-vGdndiIX8XuBAvdRVn-ig_at_comcast.com...
> How about "Commercial RDBMS" meaning a widely available and sold product
> that the vendor calls an RDBMS?

"Commercial" is long, so could we shorten that to "RDBMS"? ;-) --dawn
P.S. Or C-RDBMS? Would that work for everyone? Then how about the difference between Dataphor and an RDBMS that is non-existent? Existence? So, when we want to talk about an actual RDBMS that we all agree is an implementation of the relational model and is an actual product from an actual vendor, can we just use the term "Dataphor" (like Kleenex?) to mean that? That would leave RDBMS available again to use for products that database vendors say are RDBMS products, right? Received on Mon May 03 2004 - 21:33:38 CEST

Original text of this message