Re: c.d.theory glossary - RELATION
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:44:52 +0300
- Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****
"mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote in message
> x wrote:
> > mAsterdam wrote:
> >>x wrote:
> >>>Laconic2 wrote:
> >>>>I would have said that "An entity is DESCRIBED BY a set of
> >>>>I think REPRESENTED is too strong.
> >>In short
> >>RM.REPRESENT yes, *facts*.
> >>ER.REPRESENT yes, *things*.
> > If you look in a dictionary you'll find:
> > Fact: someTHING that exists (or happened).
> At http://www.hyperdictionary.com/search.aspx?define=fact
> I find:
>> events that have occurred; "first you must collect all the facts of the
> 1. [n] a piece of information about circumstances that exist or
> 2. [n] a concept whose truth can be proved; "scientific hypotheses
> are not facts"
> 3. [n] a statement or assertion of verified information about
> something that is the case or has happened; "he supported his argument
> with an impressive array of facts"
> 4. [n] an event known to have happened or something known to have
> existed; "your fears have no basis in fact"; "how much of the story is
> fact and how much fiction is hard to tell"
> I'ld say a _fact_ is about a _thing_ (or things).
fact (fakt) n.
- something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
- something known to exist or to have happened.
- a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: scientific facts about plant growth.
- something said to be true or supposed to have happened.
- an actual or alleged event or circumstance, as distinguished from its legal effect or consequence.
- Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! *** http://www.usenet.com Unlimited Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncensored -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=