Re: c.d.theory glossary - RELATION

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:29:00 +0200

x wrote:

> mAsterdam wrote:

>>x wrote:

[snip]
>>In short
>>RM.REPRESENT yes, *facts*.
>>ER.REPRESENT yes, *things*.
>
> If you look in a dictionary you'll find:
>  Fact: someTHING that exists (or happened).

At http://www.hyperdictionary.com/search.aspx?define=fact

I find:

          Definition:

  1. [n] a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred; "first you must collect all the facts of the case"
  2. [n] a concept whose truth can be proved; "scientific hypotheses are not facts"
  3. [n] a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened; "he supported his argument with an impressive array of facts"
  4. [n] an event known to have happened or something known to have existed; "your fears have no basis in fact"; "how much of the story is fact and how much fiction is hard to tell"

I'ld say a _fact_ is about a _thing_ (or things). Received on Fri Apr 30 2004 - 10:29:00 CDT