Re: c.d.theory glossary - RELATION

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:07:56 -0400

> Do you also think REPRESENTED is too strong in the context of
> relational model (not in the context of ER modeling) ?

Let me take some time to think about that.

In the meantime, I think it's unfortunate that both the Relational and the ER model use the word "ATTRIBUTES".

The first time I learned the ER model, about 20 years ago, they described one of the attributes as a KEY ATTRIBUTE. I would say that an entity is REPRESENTED by its key attribute. BUt I'm not sure that's really legitimate. Received on Fri Apr 30 2004 - 08:07:56 CDT