Re: Applying relational theory to paper filing systems

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:23:56 -0400

I'll point you back at the thread I started on "as we may think". In 1945, before the first commercial digital computer, Vannevar Bush wrote about the future of information processing, including storage and retrieval. His comparison
between a fanatasy machine, the "memex", and the reality of file cabinets is still interesting today. Received on Thu Apr 29 2004 - 08:23:56 CDT