Re: Teach SELECT DISTINCT first!

From: Lemming <thiswillbounce_at_bumblbee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:39:07 +0100

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:32:27 -0500, "Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote:

>"Lemming" <thiswillbounce_at_bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:23:26 -0500, "Dawn M. Wolthuis"
>> <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Maybe there were too many years wasted chasing that R fad ;-)
>>
>> They are all fads ... A, B, C, ... all the way to Z -- all fads. And
>> that includes the P fad too. R's time will pass, just as P's time has
>> passed.
>
>And what we have remaining after the passing of various fads are things that
>work well and things that don't (what some of us care about) AND things that
>have robust theories associated with them and things that don't (what others
>of us care about). I'm particularly interested in the intersection of these
>two. Cheers! --dawn

Would that that were true. I'm not at all convinced that we've actually moved on very far in the past 20-odd years -- but that's fine by me ... COBOL is still paying my mortgage and keeping my children fed and well shod.

Lemming (everything changes, but somehow it stays the same)

--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.