Re: Pre-relational, post-relational, 1968 CODASYL "Survey of Data Base Systems"

From: Larry Coon <lcnospam_at_assist.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:19:51 -0700

Dawn M. Wolthuis wrote:

> I am unaware of the entire Seattle Labs forming
> Cosmos,

No, no...from what I remember from back when I was using Revelation, it was just five guys who left to form the company (IBM PC was coming soon, and they thought, "hey, we could port this to the 8088 architecture..."). But I heard this 15-or-so years ago, and even then it was anecdotal, so take it with a grain of salt....I could easily be misremembering.

> but definitely Revelation came directly from Cosmos.

That much I -do- know for sure. Still have a 5.25" disk of Revelation Version C, serial # in the low three digits. :-) Received on Mon Apr 26 2004 - 17:19:51 CDT